Melissa Smallwood, Your Life, Gods Design
Melissa has faced many challenges in her life including a chaotic childhood that involved sexual abuse, foster care, drug use and teen pregnancy. Her story of finding Jesus through a teen mom support group is inspiring.
Since that time, Melissa has been on a mission to help other women see and know their value through Jesus’ eyes. Melissa keeps her eyes on Jesus and has a passion for sharing her comfort with others as modeled in II Corinthians 1. Her life since being saved in 1998 has been riddled with challenges, including a diagnosis of systemic lupus in 2009, that she and God have worked through together. Most importantly, Melissa has a passion for helping women discover and live the life they were designed for. It has become a mission for her to provide women with a forum to own their story and use their experiences, gifts and testimonies for God’s glory.
When Melissa comes to speak at an event she shares her heart for God, the aspects of her story that are appropriate for the audience in front of her and the hope that God wants all women to live a life worthy of His calling (Ephesians 4:1).
- Melissa serves in her local church, along with her husband, Mike as the Biblical Community Director. She also leads and teaches classes and seminars at her local church, as well as MOPS groups and online venues, including A Woman Inspired and Christian Women Affiliate.
- Melissa is a contributing writer for many websites and maintains her personal blog. Melissa has a background as a professional organizer, a career that allowed her to combine her human services background with her desire to help people create order from chaos in their life and is currently a social worker.
- Melissa and her husband, Mike have recently relocated to Port St. Lucie, FL. They have three sons (Jason, Jared and Matthew) and daughter (Shayla) as well as an adorable granddaughter and fur baby. When Melissa is not writing, speaking and working in ministry she loves to be on the bleachers at her sons sporting events, catching up on the DVR with her daughter or riding to the beach on the back of her husband’s motorcycle.
To find out more about Melissa speaking at your upcoming event simply email her at email@example.com. You will receive a booking form via email and any questions, topic ideas, etc. can be discussed at that time.
If you are in the area and are interested in hearing Melissa speak, her schedule is below:
- Tuesday October 19, 2010 9:30am, MOPS at First Baptist Church, Martinsburg, WV
- Sunday October 31, 2010 10:45am, Rosemont Brethren Church, Martinsburg, WV (testimony)
- Sunday November 7, 2010 8:30, 9:45 and 11am, First Baptist Church, Martinsburg, WV (testimony)
- Wednesday November 10, 2010 7pm, Living Waters Church, Martinsburg, WV (testimony)
- Friday January 21, 2011 6:30pm, Holiday Inn, Martinsburg WV Father/Daughter Banquet
- Sunday-Tuesday October 23-25, 2011, Vital Signs Conference, “Where Prayer Meets Paper”
- Sunday November 27, 2011 10:45am Rosemont Brethren Church, Martinsburg WV Orphan Sunday Presentation
- Sunday December 11, 2011 10:30am Fellowship Brethren Church, Inwood WV (testimony)
Melissa has also contributed to other publications including those listed below:
Available on Amazon.