That is something Beth Moore said in her study on the fruit of the Spirit- Joy cometh! Isn’t that a wonderful promise? I have held on to it since I participated in that study last year.
Psalm 16:11 says You have made known to me the path of life: you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasure at your right hand.
If you are wondering where joy can be found, the answer is in the presence of our Most High God. There is so much good that goes on in our lives and if we are having trouble seeing our blessings all we have to do is ask God to reveal them to us and He WILL!
I am thankful for:
- The amazing experience(s) I had at the She Speaks conference last weekend!
- The awakened Spirit of discernment the Lord has provided me with to weed out relationships, commitments and opportunities that are not His will for my life
- My precious family including my little puppy, Chloe that are all happy to see me after I have been away
- The gift and power that comes from prayer
- a full coffee pot waiting for me in the morning
Proverbs 15:15 says that “the cheerful heart has a continual feast” and I would add to that regardless of what is going on in their lives. Joy is a choice, available through our relationship with Jesus. Choose joy today! Join us at Grace Alone for more Thankful Thursday posts.