Not Me Monday

Another dose of free therapy courtesy of MckMama. So, on to the things that did not occur last week (thank goodness!).

~I did not have to polish up on my Spanish skills (how long ago was high school?) to help my little sister with her homework. I did not use google translation- that would be cheating and I would never condone that.

~I did not act like a middle schooler in Big Lots with my mom, suffering from a major giggle fit. I was not squeezing my legs together to avoid any “accidents” from leaking. Since my mom could not stop laughing I did not tell her she had to go sit in the car so I could finish shopping.

~I did not threaten my twelve year old that I was going to post the video of him singing “In My Red High Heels” on my blog if he didn’t listen to me- that is blackmail and I know that is not an effective or acceptable parenting technique.

~I did not log into my son’s Webkinz account to play Goober’s Laboratory to destress this week. For Heaven’s sake, I am a grown woman who does not need to play video games to calm herself. Goodness, that would be pathetic.

So, what did you NOT do this week? Please share!

Comments

1. Oh my oh my too funny!

I have mine posted, and you can see all the stuff that I would never dream of doing!

2. LOL!! I get sucked into those video games too! If only they didnt make them so entertaining…

3. Alicia, The Snowflake says:

I absolutely love Big Lots! Glad you and your mom had a good time there :o)

Take care my friend!
    I hope you have a great week!

4. Secret Mom Thoughts says:

Nice list. I love video games too.

5. Happy Not Me! Monday. That’s a great piece of blackmail, and if it works, keep using it!!!

6. Jennifer says:

You’re funny Melissa. 😛

Great list this week. Totally cracking up about the Big Lot trip and that your son was singing “in my red high heels”. LOL
    Too cute! In his defense, it is a great song.

Tooooo funny! I love it!

9. Great list. I act like a kid all the time.. don’t feel bad. LOL!

10. fordfamily says:

Funny List! I’ll have to get into my daughters Webkinz account and check that out!

11. Barbara Manatee says:

thanks for stopping by!

My kids aren’t old enough for Webkinz…wonder what will be around like that when they are??

12. What’s pathetic is the fact that I can’t even figure that stupid game out! How in the world do you play it? Maybe I’m thinking of the gumball game. Either way. I don’t like those.

My personal favorite is Tile Towers. It really puts me in the “zone”! I can make loads of money playing it.

13. It Feels Like Chaos says:

Love that you had to tell your mom to go sit in the car — hilarious!

14. Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate says:

I love your blackmail idea…..I will have to keep that kind of thing in mind for my 14 year old son!! 🙂
    Thanks for the tip. LOL

15. Renée aka Mekhismom says:

You are so funny- I want to know what was so funny in Big Lots. I mean not funny because you did not laugh so hard that you were going to pee your pants. Do tell.

16. Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama says:

Okay Renee- if you must know- we were buying some plastic baskets and couldn’t get them apart. The older gentleman that worked there snatched them out of my hand and said “here, I’ll do it” and he had the hardest time too and then when he did get them apart- they all fell on the ground. As soon as we got around the corner we were busting a gut. Then, my mom’s infectious laughter kept us laughing afterwards, especially when we wheeled by and he was still picking up the baskets (and talking to himself). It was a funny trip!

17. Thanks for stopping by my NMM… I relate to the spanish thing… but it’s my 12 yr old and I learned ‘European’ spanish and she’s learning south american spanish… some differences there…

18. Never Clever says:

Hi there,

I just ran into your blog by pure coincidence (from MckMama’s Not Me! Monday series).

Anywho, after reading awhile, I read that you were diagnosed with MS. I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2005 when I was 24 years old.

I am always looking for other blogger mommies with MS–fortunately, I don’t run into too many.

-Stacie

19. Mel Fraase says:

Oh, how I do NOT love Goober’s Laboratory….I’d NEVER sit for hours and play it!!