Wifey Wednesday- Taking Care of You

Join in Wifey Wednesday at To Love, Honor and Vacuum.

Today, we are talking about the importance of caring for ourselves. Sheila, the host of Wifey Wednesdays, was talking about whether you are an introvert or an extrovert. I am an extrovert- not a flaming, happy, clappy, smiley, life of the party extrovert but the kind that gets energy from being around others. My husband is an introvert.

That means that the way we take care of ourselves is different. Mike needs to be alone, quiet, times of solitude for recharging his batteries. I need a girls night out, coffee with a friend, to talk it out.

We can’t give to others when we don’t fill our own cup. I believe that is why Jesus said to love your neighbor AS YOURSELF. I think we skip over that part sometimes, especially as women. But, think about it. How can we give and give and give if we are an empty vessel.

We need to take the time to let Jesus fill us up with peace, love, mercy and grace. We need to do whatever it is that recharges our batteries- read a book, get a pedicure, go out with friends. That is not cheating your family of you- that is actually giving them a gift. I am a much happier and present wife and mother when I am fully charged, so to speak.

What about you? What recharges your batteries? Do you take the time to do it? Remember- you are worth it and your hubby and your kids will thank you for it!

Comments

1. Marie Reed says:

This is such a gorgeous and inspiring blog!

Thank you for the reminder to take care of myself. With three young kids…I often lose myself. You are right, I need to make sure I am full so that I have some to give. Great post.

3. Doublebanker says:

Very interstin blog…

Check out my gif blog just started a contest for a $50 Gift Card.

4. Stopping by from SITS to say hi. I guess I would be an extrovert – time with a friend recharges me. Dh is probably the same.

5. Shimmermeblue says:

This is great. I might just have to curl up with a book tonight, it’s been so long!

I’m the introvert and Steve’s the extrovert in our family. This worked very well when our nest was still full because Kristyn was also extrovert; however, now I have to really make sure I put myself out there and spend time with him. He does give me my space to recharge my batteries, though. What a great meme!

7. Melissa Papaj Photography says:

Hi Melissa! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would soooo have to agree with you on this post! It is so hard to do but so important that we TAKE THE TIME out to do it!

8. This is a fantastic post! Truly.
    I am very much as you described yourself and so is my husband.
    It is so true, though, that we tend to forget oursleves while we do for others.
    What a great reminder. Thank you!

9. I am, like your husband, an introvert. I need quiet time alone to recharge. My DH is usually very good at allowing me that time. 🙂

10. Fruitfulvine2 says:

Today’s Wifey Wednesday really struck a cord and confirmed a decision I made while on a blog/twitter fast to schedule time for me.