Not Me Monday

Join in the Not Me Monday fun at MckMama’s blog.. Oh, my- what a week I would have had if these things had actually occurred ;p

~I did not leave the house looking like a woman who had just rolled out of bed because I lacked the energy to look like anything else.

~I did not compound this embarassment by allowing my mom to take me to Bob Evan’s for breakfast looking like I had just rolled out of bed and I was certainly not praying that we wouldn’t run into any one I know.

~I did not rejoice (on the inside of course) when, after two fun filled snow days passed, the county announced they would indeed allow the school buses to “brave” the roads and have school. I enjoy my children when they are home and would never loooong for them to go to school so I can have some peace and quiet around here. Nope, not me.

~I did not rejoice even louder (on the inside of course) when, after two fun filled snow days passed, my hubby decided to return to work. I enjoy my husband and did not want to scream- would you all get out of my house? several times during those two days. After all, I am fully aware it is their house too!

~I did not sit through the stupidest (and at times very disturbing) movie because I am not allowing my twelve year old to go to the movies alone. My hubby and I did not polish off a large buttered popcorn, peanut M&M’s and a humongo diet coke in order to entertain ourselves.

~I did not enjoy how embarassed it made said 12 year old that I was present at the movies and I certainly did not make it worse by waving at him as he and his friends walked to their seats( as far away as humanly possible from us) and saying “I’m watching you”. I do not get pleasure out of making my kids squirm. What kind of woman do you think I am?

I could go on but I have to retain some shred of self respect. How ’bout you? What did you NOT do this week?

Comments

OMGosh Melissa, I am cracking up at all of these…where do I start? I totally love the snow days too, but want my house back as well. and the movie theater one was just classic. Waving at him. LOL you are too much

2. Dana-from chaos to Grace says:

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Our 13 year old has been BEGGING to go to the movies “alone” too…as in NOT having to sit with his FAMILY! HAAAAAA!! I love it….

3. LOL!! I love that you waved.. we used to threaten to show up at my then 13 (now 17) year olds skating rink and skate with her. she even used the phrase “you wouldn’t” once.. which i took as a dare.. shame her step father chickened out huh?

4. I am going to be heart broken the day my boys are embarrased by me… I will have fun like you did but also heart broken. LOL…

5. Firefly@www.firefly-shop.org says:

Haahaaha No I guess you did not 🙂

6. Secret Mom Thoughts says:

Oh I dread the day I embarrass
    the kids. I know it is coming. My 3 year old already tells me to stop singing.

7. Jane Anne says:

You make me look forward to the tween years!! (And, that popcorn sounds yummy.)

Visit my latest post: Not Me! Monday

8. Too funny!
    My boys are still to little to go by theirselves yet…. but when they do I will be hanging out in the back watching them! Loved your not me’s!

9. You know if you had done all of those things, your son would probably not be speaking to you!! hahaha I’m just looking forward to the day when I can start to embarrass my son… just a little of course. It’s the right of passage all kids have to go through, right?
    Thanks for stopping by my blog

10. That was one funny post! I am not sure I am willing to admit what I did NOT do this week! 🙂

11. Alicia, The Snowflake says:

Too funny my friend!!! My son is just now getting to the embarassing stage. It’s so much fun :o)