Thankful Thursday- Precious Words

Todays Thankful Thursday Theme is Precious Words- favorite passages from God’s word. I love this idea and you can join in the fun at Grace Alone.

It is my birthday and I am happy to be alive for it, given the events of last year. I am thankful for a God that is patient, loving and kind. I am thankful for a God that has a plan for my life. Here are some of my favorite verses along those lines (NIV translation)

But where can wisdom be found? Where does understanding dwell? Man does not comprehend its worth; It cannot be found in the land of the living…Where then does wisdom come from? Where does the understanding dwell? It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing, concealed even from the birds of the air…God understands the way to it and he alone knows where it dwells, for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. Job 28: 12,13,20,21,23,24

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:9-10

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him. Isaiah 30:18

I am so thankful for God’s faithfulness and compassion. He is my rock of ages! Praise be His name forever!

Comments

1. lambofHisflock says:

Happy Birthday!!! Rejoicing and praising God right along with you. He is a God worthy of all praise and thanksgiving!

2. Dana-from chaos to Grace says:

Happy Birthday!! Mine is Sunday.

BEAUTIFUL verses! Thank you for sharing!

3. Happy Birthday dear one.

4. Named Alicia says:

Amen! What wonderful promises! That seems to be the underlying thing this Thankful Thursday. It's a wonderful reminder.

Happy Birthday my friend! May you have a wonderful & blessed day! I seem to remember there's a basketball game tonight. I hope it goes well!

Happy Birthday! Loved your post and the Scripture you shared. Happy Thankful Thursday!

6. Beautiful post & HAPPY BIRTHDAY. This is my first time visiting your blog and I know I'll be back to read more!

Happy Birthday! I loved your scripture selections, they were so encouraging!

8. I am in Frederick and see you are in Martinsburg – I moved to Frederick from Harpers Ferry… SMALL world =)

9. Beautiful post! I hear it is your birthday? Happy Birthday!

10. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!

11. Jane Anne says:

Happy Birthday! Thank you for your words. I especially enjoyed the verses in Isaiah. It is beyond my comprehension why God is so compassionate to me.

12. At A Hen's Pace says: