Thankful Thursday- Prayer

Today’s Thankful Thursday theme is prayer. You can head over to Lori’s blog for more Thankful Thursday posts (she is hosting for Iris the next few weeks)

I love praying- to me, prayer is my time to talk to God. I learned through the example of David (a man after God’s own heart) that we can take our feelings to God, whatever they may be and He listens. Sometimes, I go to God because He will listen while I work it out- you know? Sometimes you just need to talk something through out loud to come to the right conclusion. If you go to your girlfriends, they may influence you with their own opinions, if you go to your hubby he will try to tell you the way he would fix it. But you can take anything to God and (if you allow Him) he will help you work through your emotions and you will feel better when you are done.

I am thankful that I can pray when I am happy, when I am sad, when I am ticked off, when I am embarassed, when I am frustrated, when I want to scream, when I want to laugh, when I want to cry, when I am so excited I want to jump up and down, when it feels like my world is falling apart or when I having a great mountain top day.

And now, my favorite verses about prayer are found in James 5: 13-16

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

What are you thankful for?

Comments

1. Amen, beautifully said.

2. Tammie @ Are You For Real? says:

I love your list of when to pray … and the passage that supports it. God really does want to be real with Him. Not disrespectful, but honest, and that includes talking with Him (prayer) when we are sad and upset and discouraged, as well as when we are happy and thankful and feeling great.

A hearty amen to this, Melissa! We can take everything to God in prayer and we so are blessed by Him. Happy TT!

4. beautiful…

5. mommy4life says:

Perfectly worded. Came over from SITS. I am going to look at your other blogs.

I am so Thankful too that I can come before the throne anytime and for any reason…He is always there to hear my prayers.

7. Alicia, The Snowflake says:

Amen my friend! I am so glad we can pray at all times. May we never forget the power of prayer!

8. Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer says:

AMEN, Sister!!!!!

Aaahhh, James- one of my favorite books of the Bible. I call it my “bathroom book.” I can take it into the potty with me and read the whole thing in one sitting!

Blessings, Melissa!

9. Jill - Blessed Mom of 8 says:

Loved this Melissa!

Another AMEN here!

Blessings this week!

Jill

10. It’s a blesing to have a relationship with God to be able to communicate with Him on any level, whether it’s when you are happy or sad.

And I love the scripture you used at the end of your post. Stay bless and Stay Strong!!

11. Amen we can pray no matter what mood we are in! Great post. Have a great day.

12. Serendipity says:

Amen! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful thankful post on prayers! God bless!