Thankful Thursday- Possibilities

What an exciting theme for a Thankful Thursday post. Join in the fun here.

The possibilities with God on your side are endless! I think we are all living proof of that!

I am thankful for the possibilities that today holds. The Lord reminds us in Matthew 6:34 not to “worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it’s own.” When people read this verse they tend to get hung up on the word trouble. What if you replaced it with the word possibility? Because that is what troubles and problems are when we are living in Christ- opportunities and possibilities depending on the way we CHOOSE to handle them. Troubles come- it is how we choose to handle them that can turn them into a wonderful possibility for our life!

I am thankful for the possiblities that await us in eternity! I just finished reading a fabulous book, The Shack. You can read my review here. The vivid imagery in that book reminded me anew of the promise of what is to come when our lives on this earth come to an end. Praise the Lord- I can hardly wait!

I am thankful also this week for the possibilities that lie in my boys. They are becoming young men and certain situations this week revealed to me, that even though they are often self centered and egotistical (typical for this stage of brain development), that the possibility of the men they are becoming is promising. They are compassionate and make choices based on loving others, not just themselves. I am thankful for God giving me those glimpses so that I am not frustrated with them all the time during these adolescent years.

Thank you, Iris, for having us look at possibilities today. Possibility means hope to me and I love living a life based in the hope and promises of God. What possibilities are you thankful for?

Comments

1. FromThe Creek says:

Wonderful possibilities!

2. Dana-from chaos to Grace says:

That is SO funny! I used the SAME verse in my Thankful Thursday post! LOL Great minds….great minds…. 🙂

Happy Thankful Thursday!

3. Melissa,

I loved reading this post! Great TT post! Thank you for sharing your heart with us today. Nice to meet you!

Blessings to you today!

4. Oh Melissa – what a beautiful post of promise and thankful things!

Hugs sweet friend!
    Jill

The possiblities that await us are vast! I read The Shack, too, and can’t wait for the Day! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post. Happy Thankful Thursday!

6. Sweet Blessings says:

I loved the one about your boys! Being a mother to all girls so far, I am appreciative of the parents who are raising young men in the Lord! Blessings to you! Amanda

7. Toknowhim says:

Thanks for visiting today. First, I love the design of your blog 🙂 I also enjoyed reading what you were thankful for…it was very meaningful… Blessings

Sounds like you have two beautiful young men you are raising!

9. Great thankful post.

10. PopArtDiva says:

Thanks for stopping by The PopArtDiva Blog today for the Thursday Thirteen!

I am a great believer in possibilities!! Don’t we sometimes call those dreams?

Happy Thankful Thursday and TT!

11. I am thankful for the amazing possibilities of what will happen with my children as they grow, as well!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven’t seen Fireproof, but I’ll have to check it out.

12. Star Forbis says:

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog today & Laughing with me.
    Come back anytime.

13. I keep hearing such wonderful things about The Shack. i need to go out and get it!

Wonderful list of things to be thankful for.
    Have a blessed thursday!

14. Wow, many people are doing this “Thankful Thursday”…

Thanks so much for stopping by and supporting my big day the other day – your comment meant so much to me… I agree, it would be wonderful if we could see people from inside and out… Jack Black’s movie did just that and I think I really liked it…

Stay in touch!

15. Beautiful possibilities

16. Alicia, The Snowflake says:

What good possibilities to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing my friend! It has left a smile on my face this morning. Take care! I hope you have a great weekend!

17. I’m thankful you visited my Thursday Thirteen!

18. Straight to Your Hart says:

What a great way to remember what we have and be grateful for our endless possibilities! Enjoyed reading yours..:)

19. mama meji says:

Beautiful Thankful list. It must be so rewarding to see your boys grow up to be responsible young men.

Blessings.