Focus Friday

I am excited to participate in this new meme sponsored by Thrifty and Chic mom. I am a planner and of course I have goals that have been updated for the New Year. Focus Friday is all about keeping on track with those goals and holding each other accountable. Love it!

One of my goals for the year is I am committed to listening to God throughout my day.
What this looks like: starting my day with God (Psalm 5:3), attending a weekly women’s Bible study, use expository word studies during my quiet time.

How am I doing? Well, yesterday was the first day of the Beth Moore Esther study at my church. I really enjoyed it and need to commit to completing the homework before next Thursday’s study. In addition, one of my friends got me a Zondervan Matthew Henry Commentary for my birthday. I am so excited to incorporate this in my daily bible study…fabulous gift!

So, what were some of your New Year’s resolutions and what are you doing this week to work towards your goals?

Comments

1. Thrifty and Chic Mom says:

Great goals, I am so excited you are participating. I am terrible about doing my bible study homework, thanks for the reminder.

2. Eyeglasses & Endzones says:

Great goals! And a wonderful idea to start off the new year! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! And PS, Happy Belated Birthday…You, My Hubby and ELVIS? What a great day!!!

3. What an awesome study!!

We’re doing the book of Hebrews right now w/ our women’s bible study, and I tell ya, I have done like 4 lessons one day just to catch up for that night! Talk about poor planing!!

4. Heatherlyn says:

Hi, I found you from the mr. linky. I think her focus friday is a great idea.

I’m wondering, what is an expository word study?

No resolutions this year, just want to draw closer to the Lord each day.

6. Named Alicia says:

I would love to do the Beth moore study. I think I am going to buy the workbook and just do it on my own. I hope you enjoy it. May you be blessed for your efforts this year!

7. I have participated in a few Beth Moore studies and have enjoyed them immensely.

8. Wifey Dessert says:

Good luck with your goals!! Hopefully we will all get there together!!!!

9. I love your goals πŸ™‚

10. shopannies says:

This is a great goal and one that we should all probably do. If we walk with God we always know we have good company. Thanks for visiting my blog

11. blueviolet says:

I joined in with this too and I’m starting out sloooowly.

12. PurpleGreenPops.com says:

I have a New Testament, and my goal is to read through it this year.

Tough to do with a 21 month old toddler, though. πŸ™‚