Focus Friday- Balance (again)

It is time to get real about what I accomplished last week and what I want/intend to focus on this coming week. You can join in the fun at Thrifty and Chic Mom.

Last week I wanted to focus on balancing all the new irons I have in the fire and taking care of my health, etc. I did accomplish making a schedule for work related activities– yeah for me! In fact, I worked all day on Wednesday making a realistic and achievable breakdown of when to work on various projects, allowing for time to nap, go to doctor’s appointments, etc. The schedule is great- if I can stick to it.

As for achieving the ever elusive balance- I had a wrench (or actually more like a crowbar) thrown in that this week. I fell last week (see my Not Me Monday post for more on that)and instead of going to the doctor when I started noticing pain and problems walking, I ignored it. I can now NOT MOVE and that is not an exaggeration. My mom drug me to the doctor yesterday and he thinks I have slipped a disc in my back that is compressing the nerves in my lower back and sending excruciating pain down my left leg. So, I am forced to stay in bed, popping muscle relaxers and pain pills, until the MRI results come in and they decide if I have to have surgery or not.

So, this coming week my focus is the following:
1. Resist the temptation to get bogged down in pity party world
2. Learn from yet another lesson that I need to put my health first
3. Get all the work done that I can while under the influence of drugs LOL
4. Listen to my doctor’s orders and cancel any appointments (work related or not) that cannot be accomplished from the comfort of my queen size bed.

Here goes nothing 🙂

Comments

1. Christina Lee says:

oh how awful-good luck.

2. blueviolet says:

Oh geez, I’m sorry about your fall. That’s awful. I hope you feel better really quickly.

3. How dreadful!! I hope the doctors come back with a diagnosis quickly.

4. Jen@Simple Pleasures says:

Oh, how rough! I hope that they find the problem soon! Feel better soon!

5. Thrifty and Chic Mom says:

I am so sorry, please take care of yourself! This week truly try to stick to focusing on yourself that is the best thing you can do for everyone in your life. Get better soon!

6. •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• says:

Hope you don’t need surgery!! Get better soon 🙂

Bless your heart! Sending prayers now.

Praying that you feel better and do find that balance.

9. Oh man, how crappy! I hope things are going better for you! If you are bored and need a laugh head over to my blog and read about my adventures with my nanny kidlets.

I am sure you will follow through on things, as you don’t want to stay in bed too long. No matter how warm and cozy it is and cold outside!

10. It is amazing how life has a way of making us stop…to listen…to rest…and to go deeper into God as we heal physically, mentally, and spiritually.