Not Me Monday

Woo hoo, it is Monday again and time for a dose of brutal honesty! These are the things I did not do this week. Feel free to join in the fun, visit MckMama’s blog for more info.

~I did not go back up to the buffet at our favorite Chinese restaurant three times to get a refill of black pepper chicken. I am way too concerned about my love handles to do something like that!
~I did not wince inside while congratulating my 7th grader on making the school basketball team. I am not so selfish that the thought of practice six days a week, including 8am on Saturdays, makes me want to scream. No, not this dedicated mama.
~I did not feed my children ramen noodles and PBJ twice this week because their dad was working late and I was not too tired to make them a “real” dinner.
~I did not put on rubber gloves and a mask to clean the bathroom after my son got sick on Wednesday because I do not want to get sick. I, did not, then make him take a shower and sleep in the guest room so he did not sicken his brother. And, I certainly did not make his 11 year old butt, wash the bedding from the guest room bed when he was feeling better because I didn’t want to touch the germs. I am NOT that mean!
~I did not sign up to write yet another blog, albeit a paid position. I know better than to add any more to my to do list. I know that I need to take care of myself and stay healthy. I would not and did not do a crazy thing like that!

Ahhh, confession for the soul, if I had done any of the above- I would so need to confess and repent and even ask said children for forgiveness. But, since I didn’t do any of these things, I’m good. How ’bout you?

Comments

1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Ugh..thats alot of practicing you’ll be going too. And my kids do not eat pb and j at least once a week. πŸ˜‰

2. My kids don't eat PB&J either… and matter of fact, neither do I when I ask them to make it for dinner. haha! Thanks for stopping by!

3. Ramen noodles…not just for poor college students any more! I enjoyed your Not Me’s and best of luck with the basketball practice! When he makes the pros I’m sure he’ll remember to thank you πŸ™‚

4. Small Town Mommy says:

I wish my kids would eat PB&J. Then I could not feed it to them this week while my husband is out of town. Good luck with the basketball. That is a lot of practice.

5. What do you mean Ramen noodles aren’t a real meal! Happy Monday

6. My daughter WISHES she could eat Ramen Noodles EVERY night. :o)

7. blessedmomto7 says:

I am WAY TOO PERFECT to do stuf like that-NOT!! Love your blog, love HARLEYS TOO! AND would love for you to organize my life LOL! Not sure it’s even possible??

8. Ethan, Zach, and Emma's Mom says:

Ramen noodles, that’s a good idea. I usually make pancakes!

9. Domestically Disabled Girl says:

Loved your list! I love, love, love PB &J, and would eat it every night if I could!

10. We love ramen! I especially like it with some ground beef and grated cheese. Doesn’t that sound disgusting? LOL

11. Great list…I usually cheat with frozen pancake…might have to give PB&J a try next time!!

12. Ramen noodles are the best – so cheap and easy to make, you’d think I was still in college πŸ™‚

I love your blog header – so cool.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week!

13. Mandy and Jack says:

Love your not-me monday! (And I don’t blame you about the basketball practice… or the Chinese food!!) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I just wanted to tell you that my mom was diagnosed with MS in 1994 (or so), and she’s been living a very good quality life since then. She gets tired when she walks easier than we do, and she has some trouble with balance and muscle control, but at her last MRI, the doctors told her that her MS hadn’t progressed in 8 YEARS, which says something about how far treatment has come. She even rides with us every year in the MS150. Sorry to hear that you’re also living with MS, but I hope your medicine is doing its job too!! God bless!

14. today is the present says:

We had Ramen and pb & j several times this week. My kids are really starting to hate them!

They are saying that a lot of my symptoms are like MS but are thinking along the lines of a muscle disease or motor neuron disease. My MRIs were clear so they are not sure. I see a specialist at UAB two days before Christmas.

Do you have a place you have blogged about your MS you would be willing to share or send me an email?

Thanks for visiting my blog! Love yours!
    jennifer

15. Great Not Me’s! I can so relate with the basketball practice thing. Been there, done that. We also had little league baseball and soccer. Since our boys are three years apart in age, they were in different age levels and on different teams. Double the pleasure, double the fun…NOT. Sooo glad we got through those years!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Please stop by again, anytime! :o)

16. Flamingo Mama says:

Thanks for visiting my blog! I so understand the basketball thing! I hate having my kids in activities!

17. and I thought have two little boys playing basketball was a lot…2 practices a week…nothing like 6! But that is awesome…congrats to him! my kids LOVE ramen noodles…why try something more elaborate when they won’t eat it??

18. Smith Family says:

Thanks for stopping by!! Love your Not Me’s. Good luck with the b-ball schedule!!

19. This had me cracking up…

I did not know there was anything wrong with Ramon Noodles for dinner. =)

20. Hall Family in MD says:

Black pepper chicken sounds yummy. I need to get some ramen noodles instead of feeding my kiddos cereal all the time.